Cosmetic Dentistry – Tooth-Colored Fillings, Porcelain Crowns, Whitening, Veneers,Bonding, & More
Cosmetic Dentistry can make your smile light up a room!
• Whitening: Over time many things can cause your teeth to lose their whiteness – smoking, consumption of coffee and other dark beverages and just normal wear and tear can cause teeth to appear yellowed or stained. Whitening is an inexpensive and safe option to bring back their brightness. Whitening has become a very popular procedure for enhancing smiles.
In office whitening
Patients who opt for in-office teeth whitening can enjoy a whiter, brighter smile in as little as one dental appointment. Using Zoom!™ tooth bleaching treatments to whiten teeth, Dr. Kidonakis can improve a patient’s smile up to ten shades whiter than their natural color. To whiten teeth, a special gel is applied to the gums, and teeth whitening product is applied to the teeth. A special light is used to activate the teeth whitening gel and can produce amazing results!
Family dentist Dr. Kidonakis also offers at-home teeth whitening trays for her patients to use in their own home in Glenview, Northbrook, or surrounding areas. These professional-grade teeth whitening trays are affordable, effective, and provide results that cannot be obtained through store-bought systems to whiten teeth. Trays are also custom-made to fit the patient’s teeth, giving them their own special fabricated teeth whitening tray to use in the privacy of their own home. Trays are filled with tooth bleaching gel given by the dentist to whiten teeth, and are worn for approximately an hour a day, and patients will often see full results in as little as two weeks.
• Veneers: Porcelain veneers are a beautiful option for creating the smile you’ve always wanted. Veneers consist of very thin sheets of porcelain that are attached to the front of the teeth, improving shape, size and color. With the first step of the process, the existing teeth are buffed and shaped and an impression is taken. The specific color that will be used is also chosen. With the second step, bonding adhesive will be used to attach the veneer to the teeth and a light beam will set the adhesive.
• White (tooth colored) Fillings: Previously, silver or gold fillings were used. Now Composite resins can be used. The fillings are used to fix teeth that have been damaged by decay and/or fractures. The affected portion of the tooth will be removed and replaced with composite filling. They are attractive since they match existing teeth and with proper care last for many years.Fillings can be done during one appointment. Anesthesia is necessary in order to allow the dentist to remove decay and apply medication to further protect nerve endings. The filling is shaped and smoothed to ensure an authentic look and feel.
• Porcelain Crowns: We offer porcelain crowns for creating the beautiful smile you always wanted!
• Bonding: Bonding is the application of a tooth-colored composite resin to repair a decayed, chipped, mal-positioned, fractured or discolored tooth.
Cosmetic dentistry changes smiles, and often how patients feel about themselves, their self-esteem and their level of confidence. Cosmetic dentistry changes lives!
Call today for your appointment.