The transparent and comfortable alternative to conventional braces with Invisalign® that works!
Smile Today Dental is privileged to provide the comprehensive “general dentistry” services and care that our patients from throughout the Glenview, Illinois, area have come to expect. However, our dentists, Drs Evelyn Kidonakis, Jinyoung Yoo, and Amir Danesh, have also developed specialized expertise in disciplines such as orthodontic treatments. In fact, our practice has been providing orthodontic services for more than five years. We have also become certified in the modern invisible alternative to conventional metal braces: Invisalign®.
Invisalign® is unique and popular – here’s why
Since the late 1990s, when Invisalign® was first introduced, more than 13 million smiles worldwide have been corrected with this system. Many celebrity smiles have been dramatically improved with Invisalign®, and it is even officially endorsed by the NFL (go Bears!). Countless patients have turned to Invisalign® to correct their crowded, overlapped, crooked, and otherwise misaligned teeth and jaws due to its unique design:
- Invisalign® uses a series of oral appliances (aligners) that slip over teeth to correct misalignment and bite problems – not fixed, silver-colored metal hardware.
- The aligners are made from smooth and transparent plastic, making them discreet and comfortable to wear, and these characteristics also support a fast adjustment period.
- Aligners are not fixed or bonded to the teeth like braces. They can be removed for eating and cleaning (brushing and flossing). Invisalign® wearers’ nutrition does not suffer, nor does oral hygiene.
- The aligners are also easy to clean and to keep free of stains.
- A technology-assisted process, our certified providers, can show you exactly how your teeth will look at every phase of treatment. You can also see your Invisalign®-treated smile during your consultation. The software creates a 3-dimensional of your mouth and a simulation of the straightening process.
- The above technology is also used to fabricate the aligner trays. Patients have peace of mind that the trays fit precisely, as the process minimizes human errors.
Moreover, Invisalign® is proven to be an effective way to address more modest cases of uneven spacing and more complex bite problems (overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite). Invisalign® is based on similar principles to more conventional orthodontic systems; consistent pressure is placed on the teeth to incrementally move them through the bone and facilitate repositioning. Due to the nature of Invisalign®, it is critical that you wear the aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours each day and that each aligner tray is worn in the correct order (as all trays correspond with different phases of treatment). On average, patients smile more confidently with their straight, uniformly-spaced teeth in around nine to 15 months!
Call us at 847-440-3331 to schedule your Invisalign® consultation.