Makeover your smile with a range of stunning dental veneers options
As our name suggests, we can get you smiling confidently and comfortably today! The treatments skillfully designed and administered by Drs Evelyn Kidonakis, Jinyoung Yoo, and Amir Danesh get highly personalized results suited to your unique needs and goals, and they do so in the most convenient and predictable way possible.
Veneers at Smile Today Dental in Glenview, Illinois, represent one of the most coveted treatments. After all, these thin layers of porcelain or prepared and shaped composite resin are often the “secret” behind celebrities’ stunning smile transformations. The process of getting veneers supports the application of the most natural-looking dental material. The material is used to replace enamel that has sustained some “imperfection.” Once applied and securely bonded or fixed to the front surfaces of the teeth by our expert professionals, these veneers:
- Close minor gaps
- Create the appearance of evenly-spaced teeth
- Strengthen teeth that have suffered from minor enamel erosion
- Disguise some chips and fractures
- Reshape irregularly-contoured teeth
- Add height to a poorly-sized or worn tooth
- Cover up stubborn stains or discoloration that does not respond well to professional teeth bleaching
Alternative treatments are recommended for more severe examples of the above conditions, as veneers represent a cosmetic procedure. With that being said, for some types of enamel damage and “wear and tear,” veneers can strengthen the tooth. Once applied, they bolster the natural tooth’s protective armor. After evaluating the state of your teeth and gums, our dentists may suggest treatment with alternatives like discreet Invisalign® to correct more extensive alignment or bite problems or dental restorations such as fillings and crowns to repair decay.
Options for every smile
If cosmetic treatment with veneers is in your future, at Smile Today Dental, we are privileged to be able to offer several different options. Veneers at our practice are not any one thing. Just as your smile is one of a kind. So, is our approach to revealing your enhanced teeth! You may opt for one, or a combination, of the following types of veneers:
- Direct veneers – This process involves color-matching a pliable dental material known as composite resin to the surrounding teeth. The prepared material is then applied directly to the tooth. One of our skilled dentists shapes it to cover up chips, gaps, poor contours, stubborn discoloration, or any number of cosmetic imperfections. The process is highly conservative (minimal to no natural tooth structure is altered), reversible, well-tolerated and gentle (even for sensitive teeth!), cost-effective, can be completed in one visit.
- Indirect veneers – This option involves fabricating thin layers of porcelain to blend in with the surrounding teeth while correcting cosmetic concerns. The porcelain is made in a lab and based on models of your teeth. Once these veneers are completed, they are secured to the front of the teeth. The treated tooth (or teeth) must be abraded slightly or a small amount of natural enamel removed to accommodate the thickness of each veneer. In this way, the veneer fits the tooth well and doesn’t look or feel unnatural.
- Ultra-conservative veneers – This type of indirect porcelain veneer is sold under brand names like Lumineers®. Such modern alternatives are super-thin, which means our dentists remove minimal enamel during the process. This feature supports a comfortable, sensitivity-free, tooth-preserving experience. In general, indirect or porcelain veneers are lauded for their strength, durability, stain resistance, and natural appearance.
There are many factors to consider when exploring veneers. Call 847-440-3331 to schedule your appointment with Smile Today Dental. All treatments start with an examination and consultation. And we welcome your questions!